Quotable

Friday, December 31, 2010

I have always enjoyed reading quotes from other people and applying them to my life. I wanted to share the two quotes that I drew inspiration from when creating this blog, along with a few others that I found inspiring. Learning from others' experiences and comparing them to your own can be very motivating.

"Run hard, be strong, think big!" 
-- Percy Ceruttyan Australian athletics coach who led Herb Elliott to a gold medal and world record in the 1500 meters at the 1960 Summer Olympics

"A lot of people don’t realize that about 98 percent of the running I put in is anything but glamorous: 2 percent joyful participation, 98 percent dedication! It’s a tough formula. Getting out in the forest in the biting cold and the flattening heat, and putting in kilometer after kilometer." 
-- Robert de Castella, an Australian world champion marathon runner and Olympian

"Ask yourself: 'Can I give more?' The answer is usually: 'Yes.'"  
-- Paul Tergat, a Kenyan professional long distance runner who held the world record in the marathon from 2003 to 2007

"Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage." 
-- George Patton, U.S. Army General during World War II

"Vision without action is a daydream.  Action without vision is a nightmare."
-- Japanese Proverb

"Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can." 
-- Lowell Thomas, American writer and broadcaster

Right now I'm going crazy because I can't seem to remember what was apparently my "favorite" running quote -- I had it written on the dry erase board in my kitchen for a few months earlier this year, but apparently it didn't resonate that much with me. If I happen to remember or find it, I'll come back and add it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment