No turning back now

Sunday, January 23, 2011


I just filled out the online registration and am all set to run the Publix Georgia half. My parents generously paid the registration fee as an early birthday gift (thanks, Mom and Dad!). I will admit that I felt nervous clicking the submit button. This past week was rough for me... I strongly dislike running outside in the cold, and I have been letting negative thoughts have way too much control. Yesterday, Jess and I ran the 2011 Polar Bear 5K, and it was more difficult than I anticipated, which only added to my self-doubt. I overestimated how cold I would be, and halfway through the route I was dying to strip off my jacket, but wasn't able to. I ended up posting a time that was my worst 5K since before the half last year.

However, there are still almost two months until race day, and I am not going to let myself be my own worst enemy. I'm going to work at changing the critical voices in my head to ones that empower me to push harder. After all, if I've run this race once, there's no reason that I can't do it again and with more confidence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment